You must be a customer-centric company to develop good software, and that includes collecting customer feedback and making use of feedback to guide your product plan of action. There are numerous product management software programs available to assist you with this.
Productboard is one. It’s a sturdy, appealing tool that integrates an online feedback system, inbox, and priority methods and maps.
It’s an effective tool, but it comes with some serious disadvantages. It doesn’t have an API that is publicly accessible; it’s difficult to close the feedback loop to customers and let them know that you’ve built the feature they requested.
And it’s costly. For a product management team to collect unlimited ideas/feedback from users, it would cost $500 per month or $6,000 per year for Productboard. The product isn’t as costly as UserVoice; however, at this price, it’s worth taking a look at the competitors of Productboard to determine if you’re not getting a better value alternative.
We’ve done the work for you.
Best Productboard Alternatives For Your Business
Below, we’ve compiled the most popular fourteen, Productboard competitors, together with their capabilities, the features they’re lacking, and the cost you’d save by switching from Productboard. Tell us whether we’re missing any!
Saasfe is likely to be the best productboard alternatives when you’re looking to become more of an experience that is customer-centric. Saasfe allows you to easily gather your feedback regardless of where you collect it and store it together in one location.
It provides one source of factual feedback and gives you effective ways to categorize the feedback to identify what your customers are looking for and which features.
Saasfe makes it easy to prioritize features and determine the best route to take when you know what your customers want to hear. After you have built those features.
Features Saasfe offers that Productboard does not:
- Improved ability to categorize feedback data according to characteristics of the customer
- The capability to complete loops with customers
- Create product roadmap using collected feedback
- The Saasfe voting board does not influence user feedback
How do I know what Saasfe not doing?
- Saasfe includes all the features of Productboard, with the exception of a visual map that can be shared publicly or with your internal teams.
What’s the price of Saasfe Cost?
Saasfe begins at $24/M.
Aha! is another productboard alternatives offers a roadmapping tool as well as a community ideas portal that functions as a traditional feedback board. Users can submit suggestions and also vote on suggestions from others. It allows you to see the most liked features and filter feedback using tags you choose to assign.
Features Aha! features that Productboard doesn’t
- Aha! Has more flexibility in feature scoring
- The ability to monitor features requests on a kanban board
- A mapping tool for users’ stories
- A design mock-up tool
What’s Aha! Missing?
- The ability to separate customer data according to attributes of the customer
- The ability to quickly connect with customers
How much does Aha! Cost?
Aha! begins at $59/m for a user and can go up to $149/m for all features. With 5 product managers with all the functions, you need to collect users’ feedback and prioritize features. Aha! It will cost you $295/m. The switch to Aha! from Productboard will save you around $2,500.
Roadmap is a product management tool that focuses on simplicity and user-friendly design. Its drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to plan, build, and communicate product roadmaps. If you’re looking for a tool that makes roadmap creation a breeze, Roadmap is a promising Productboard alternative.
Features Roadmap features that Productboard doesn’t:
- Roadmap allows you to easily stop the feedback loop from customers
What’s Roadmap lacking?
- Roadmap does not have the capability to prioritize features according to how important the customers consider them.
How much does Roadmap cost?
Roadmap starts at $19/m for a product manager for a single user and one product. It can go up to $79/m per manager for unlimited users and 3,000 products. If you had five product managers and a product 500 users, you’d be paying $95/m. The switch from Productboard to Roadmap will save you around $4,900 per year.
ProdPad is designed for product managers who value user feedback and idea management. It lets you collect ideas, prioritize them, and turn the best ones into actionable tasks. ProdPad’s strong emphasis on user-centered design makes it stand out among Productboard alternatives.
Features ProdPad offers that Productboard does not:
What’s ProdPad lacking?
- An easy way to stop the cycle of customers
- A method to separate and separate feedback based on the characteristics of the customer
How much does ProdPad cost?
Prodpad is priced at $149 per month with the Essential plan, increasing to $1,299/m with all features. If you had five product managers to manage, then you’d have to pay $449 per month. Moving into ProdPad from Productboard will save you around 600 dollars per year.
Astuto is an open-source tool for collecting feedback designed as the final assignment during the Masters of Computing Science degree. It’s a basic tool and doesn’t include all the features that Productboard does; however, it’s completely free and very effective at its job: collecting, managing and grading feedback.
Features that Astuto offers Productboard isn’t:
- Fully customizable
- No cost
- You are free to create as many boards as you’d like.
What’s Astuto lacking?
- Astuto does not have the same kind of advanced analytics that Productboard offers.
- Attributes of the customer can’t segment feedback
- It’s not possible to run it on Windows PCs. Windows PC
Targetprocess is a visually appealing tool that offers agile project management features. It allows you to plan, track, and coordinate activities across your teams and projects. This tool is a versatile choice for those seeking a visually oriented, agile Productboard alternative.
Features TargetProcess features that Productboard does not:
- Effective project management tools targeted at teams that are agile
- It is easy to integrate traditional prioritization techniques such as methods like WSJF or ICE methods.
What’s TargetProcess not working?
- TargetProcess does not allow you to easily complete the loop with customers
- It’s not equipped with sophisticated consumer segmentation methods.
- There’s no process to effectively sort feedback.
What is the cost of TargetProcess?
The TargetProcess price isn’t available, so you have to reach them for an estimate.
Canny is all about tracking user feedback in one place. With its interactive boards, you can categorize feedback and prioritize based on user votes. If your team values customer feedback, Canny might be the Productboard alternative you need.
Features Canny features that Productboard doesn’t:
- It is possible to pin important updates to the top of the blog
- You can start an online discussion with anyone who has wanted this feature.
- You can categorize feedback based on certain essential customer characteristics.
What is Canny lacking?
- Canny isn’t capturing certain essential customer characteristics, like the stage of the customer journey the user is (active or churned or prospect, etc.).
- It is difficult to gather feedback from emails, the Help Desk, and other apps that are web-based.
What is a Canny Cost?
Canny begins at just $50/month to track 100 users, with a fee of $20 per hundred additional users. Plans increase at $200/m for 1,000 people. For 500 users, you’d be charged $130/m. Switching Canny to Canny from Productboard will save you $4,400 every year.
Upvoty provides a public feedback voting board as well as product roadmap tools like other tools listed on this list. Its key features include a custom website name, feedback tool, and SSO.
Features Upvoty is something that Productboard does not:
- A changelog stores all your changes in one place
- Voting anonymously so that one person’s vote isn’t biased by the other’s
- Moderation of posts and the approval process grants your control over the vote board
What’s missing from Upvoty?
- It’s not possible to separate your feedback.
- Getting feedback from web-based apps that don’t integrate is difficult.
What’s the cost of HTML? Upvoty Cost?
Upvoty starts at just $15 per month per team member and for 150 members. It increases to $49/m for team members and unlimited users. If you had five product managers as well as 500 users, you’d have to pay $49/m. Moving to Upvoty from Productboard will save you $5,400 every year.
Convas is a feedback page for your product or company. It allows users to suggest and upvote features, giving you insights into what your users truly want. If customer satisfaction is your top priority, Convas is a Productboard alternative worth considering.
Features that Convas provides that Productboard doesn’thave.
- An anonymous option for voting
- A widget for feedback from customers that allows you to get feedback right on your website
- Moderation of the post and its approval grants you control over the board of voting
What’s wrong with Convas?
- Convas can’t help you divide your feedback.
- It’s not easy to get feedback from web applications which don’t integrate.
What is the cost of Convas?
Convas starts at just $15/m for 100 users and then $15 for every 100 additional users. It can go up to $150 per month with unlimited users. In the event that you have 500 users, you’d have to pay $75/m. Moving to Upvoty from Productboard will save you $5,100 every year.
Craft is a highly sophisticated Productboard competitor, aimed at consumers rather and not at SaaS businesses. However, it has all the necessary features needed to create an excellent customer-centric product, including a feedback portal that includes an interactive voting system and an advanced planning tool.
It is compatible with many of the tools that you already have in use such as Github, Jira, Google Workspace and Intercom.
Features Craft features that Productboard doesn’t:
- More advanced road mapping views allow you to see how your goals align with KPIs.
- The ability to tailor views to different stakeholder groups
- A particular focus on the story of the user and templates for user stories
What’s Craft lacking?
- The feedback system is restricted; the software is more focused on coordinating the process of product development
- It isn’t possible to segment customer feedback information by important aspects such as MRR
- You won’t be able to easily stop the flow of customers
What is the Craft price?
The cost for Craft begins at $39.90 for a user for features with a limited amount and increases to $89/m for additional features. If you had five product managers and needed all the features, Productboard offers, including feedback, it would cost you monthly $445. The switch to Craft from Productboard will reduce your annual cost by $660.
11. Feedback Scout
Feedback Scout excels in managing user feedback and consolidating it into actionable product insights. Its unique selling point is its advanced analytics features, making it an appealing Productboard alternative for data-driven teams.
Highlights Feedback Scout is a feature the same features as Productboard, but it doesn’t:
How come Feedback Scout is not able to do?
- It is only a plugin for WordPress sites.
- It’s missing a lot of important integrations such as Slack, Intercom, Zendesk and more.
- It isn’t possible to segment feedback data by attribute of the customer
- It’s difficult to stop the flow of customers
What does Feedback Scout cost?
Pricing for Feedback Scout starts at $8.25/m for a single Board and one item. The price increases to $25/month for unlimited products, boards and two site licenses. If you only had one product, you’d be paying $8.25 monthly. Moving the product to Feedback Scout Productboard could save you approximately $5,900 per year.
UserVoice is among the longest-running and most platforms for feature request voting boards available. However, despite its popularity, it has only a few features and is higher in cost than Productboard. Even Microsoft, among its early adopters, is looking to move to a different solution. However, a list of competitors to Productboard wouldn’t be complete without it.
Features UserVoice offers that Productboard does not:
- It is easy to segment your customers by characteristics of your customers, such as MRR, in order to understand better the wants of your customers.
What’s missing from UserVoice?
- There’s no process to sort your feedback and make sure it’s of high-quality
- It’s difficult to end the conversation with customers
- It is very limited in native integrations
- You cannot try it before purchasing
What is UserVoice Cost?
Pricing for UserVoice isn’t available. However, we dug around and found out that their prices begin at $499/m for one product manager. Prices go up to $999/m for five product managers. If your team has five Product managers changing on to UserVoice from Productboard could cost approximately $6,000 more every year.
We enjoy Trello we use within our own teams to collaborate on tasks at work. However, while it is able to serve to build an open feedback board or a roadmap, this isn’t its most effective use case.
But you might make use of it to keep track of the requests for features in the event that you don’t mind the extra manual work it may cost you.
Features Trello features that Productboard doesn’t:
- The cards have powerful automations that can be controlled
What’s Trello lacking?
- You won’t be able to easily review the feedback data you receive
- It’s difficult to utilize the feedback system to determine which features are most important. Products and services.
- It isn’t easy to close the feedback loop of customers.
What is the cost of Trello price?
Trello is free to get started; however, you can pay $10/m per user to get additional features. With five project managers and the appropriate tools to create an open voting board, it’s $50 per month for Trello. S connecting onto Trello from Productboard could save you approximately $5,400 annually, which is the same amount that you pay for SAASFE.
Slack was never designed to serve as a feedback tool for customers or a user experience tool… however, there are times when we have observed several feedback processes put along with a dedicated Slack channel that is in the middle.
It’s not perfect; however, if you’re in desperate need to find a tool for customer feedback, it could be used as a temporary measure.
Features Trello offers that Productboard does not:
- No (for the purpose of collecting feedback)
What’s Trello not working on?
- It’s difficult to easily review the feedback data you receive
- It’s difficult to utilize the feedback you receive to determine which products are most important for your product
- It’s not easy to end the loop of feedback from customers.
- There’s no feature for road mapping.
- You aren’t able to easily share information with the public or let them vote.
What is Slack price?
Slack is available for free or $12.50/m. However, should you be considering Slack as an option for feedback tools, most likely because you already utilize Slack as a way to communicate? Therefore, it won’t cost any extra money to create an online feedback system.
SAASFE is the top Alternative to Productboard.
It’s not possible to be customer-focused using tools such as Slack or Trello. It’s not what they’re made for.
To be truly customer-centric, you should try SAASFE.
It’s simple to use, and you’ll you can easily collect the feedback from wherever it’s coming from and place it all in one central location. It will then allow you to sort and categorize it to know exactly what your customers are looking for… as well, and, more important, which customers are looking for the most.
SAASFE is extremely powerful. It’s easy to use for new businesses and is able to easily scale to the enterprise. It’s also free to try (no credit card needed). And the best part is, you’ll save around $5,400 annually when you use it instead of Productboard.